1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Just got my SKB 85ttr back from the guys in Omaha. They turned the gun in under a week once they recieved it. Seems it broke the bottom firing pin spring. They did this work for no cost. The gun has seen about 12 thousand rounds through it. Thanks to Don and Rob at SKB. And the gunsmith. Fine bunch of guys. One of my friends at my club is on the second month of waiting for Browning to fix his gun. He says he'll be waiting another two months before they even get close to getting it back to him. Maybe my SKB will break more often than a Browning. But I'll never have to wait 4 months to get it fixed. Jim

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Now that SKB is no longer, you may need to manufacture your own parts.

3. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

They don't make TM1's model 12's and a whole bunch of other guns anymore and they all break and get fixed so why would an SKB be any different?

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Ford hasn't made model T's for a couple of years either.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

rob told me he has been to japan twice and purchased 30,000 parts along with all other mfg stuff to produce whole guns. he is trying very hard to service everyone-give him a chance/ break!!

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I have no trouble getting Super-X parts; they hasn't been made since, what, 1985?

I also have two 101 SB traps that there seems to be no shortage of parts for, and they haven't been made since 1975!

Manufacturers don't spend all their time building finished products. Spare parts inventories are usually much larger than you imagine and can keep guns in service for years.

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Where you get hurt with guns that are no longer made is resale.
    Many shooters will shy away from guns that are no longer in
    production.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Parts are available, and will be for many years to come. These are NOT off brand guns!

Don and the crew at SKB are pros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.