1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Went out to Camanche Hills Game Preserve ( Ca.) today and got fitted for a gun by Mr. Dale Tate. Great guy. English accent and all. This man worked for Purdy many years back and he's a wealth of information. Highly recommend him to anyone looking to really know just what the heck they need to do to shoot better. Back to the fitting. My SKB 85ttr out of the box turned out to be close enough to perfect ( for me) not to need any adjustment from where I had it. By taking measurements from the SKB he gave me all the correct numbers for setting up that pigeon grade M-12 (Boomer here on TS) sold me. Through Mr. Tate I learned a few things I never read about or learned from many others. BTW, that SKB throws a great pattern with Nitro factory shells. 80/20, f/c with very little flyers outside a 30" circle. Something that made me laugh while walking to the pattern board; I asked Mr. Tate, "How long will my visit take?" His response; " As long as it takes". Gotta love a guy that's determined to spend the time it'll take to make you a finished product. Real class act. If you ever want to spend a morning chewing the fat, learning and improving your score, give him a call. Just contact the Camanche Hills Club. Aside from seeing some beautiful landscape you'll enjoy the new friend you'll make in Dale. Jim Price

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.