1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB up-date

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

It's been awhile since I last posted how I'm doing with my SKB 85ttr combo. Just shot in an ATA shoot today. Using reclaimed 1 oz shot I did a 94 at 16. With factory Remingtons from 20 yds I shot a 96. I'm thinking this SKB can shoot with the best of them. Jim Price

2. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Congrads Jim, I hope you stopped by and got your 1/2 yard punch on your card? Sounds like the 20 will be a thing of the past soon. Thanks David

3. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Good going Jim. I purchased an SKB last year and love it. I did find out using e-3 18.5 grains, win primer, Downrange neon green wad, and 1 oz of shot is a killer. I was using the tgt wads and switched to the neon greens patterns very well using lm choke tubes. You can definetly use this load from the 16 on back to the fence, lol, 1300fps and light recoil. Enjoy your SKB. Tom

4. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

85TRR, I use win AA grey or red, my son uses rem nitro or sts hulls, BUT I am pretty sure he uses 19 grains e-3 for same load and he shoots a Beretta and the load patterns well also. Very clean burning powder NO build up on ports or ejectors unlike other powders. Tom

5. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Paul, use the AA's mostly. 1 oz pink wad. This last batch was with Nitro 100. I load them out to about 1225 fps. Don't worry about what primer you use. BTW, I got 'penalized' back to 24 yds for handi today. Shot a 96 at 16 ( didn't win anything as there were two 98's in my class). From 24 it was a 91. Used
    AA 3 dram factory's for handi today. Actually won a belt buckel yesterday for shooting the 96 handi from 20 yds. Jim

6. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

TTR, what are you choking at?

7. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Just shot my first ATA here in Utah last weekend...
    New 85TTR combo from Jaquas.

Ran 100 Straight in singles,
    99 in the handicap from 25.5 yards...1 yard punch for that.
    89 in doubles.

After the short learning curve I have to say, I love this thing!
    SKB sent out the 25/50/75 and 100 straight patches.
    Not to bad for owning the gun for a month.

Used Kicks Smoke choke tubes, IM for 16's F for the cap.

Scott

8. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Good Luck in the AM TTR.

9. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Scoot, good going. Been getting better with my 85ttr. Maybe I'll see you in my squad someday. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.