1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB Unsingle 85TSS for a youth shooter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dodgeram, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

I have 14 year son that shoots a Beretta 391 trap gun and likes to shoot 16's, handicap, and doubles. He just started to shoot register targets and we had a little trouble with the Beretta cycling the shells on the doubles. I could have done a better job of cleaning the gun and would probably would work ok but it still ejects the shells over in front of the net guy on the squad. That said we have been thinking about picking up a combo trap gun and after looking aroung the SKB Unsingle combo seem like a pretty economical option when it comes to a combo. Would this be a good choice or should be looking at other brands.

Doug

2. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

One of the advantages of the SKB for a junior shooter is the near absence of recoil. Your observation that it is an economical option in a combo is quite true. Having shot SKB's for about 30 years I can tell you that they are a lotta bang for the buck, reliable (especially the 85 series), point nicely and are nice looking to boot. You can't go wrong with the TSS. Do a search of 85TSS threads on this forum for more information. I am in the market for another myself to set up for caps.

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Go to my web site. I have new and demo SKBs in Trap(unsingle, O/U and combo) and Sporting Clays on there.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Doug .... the best deal on currently on the street is right here on TS.com. Look for the thread titled "F/S Beretta 682 Unsingle Combo-Nice". If the gun does not sell to a local guy tonight it is a steal of a deal.

There are other locations as well as Silver Dollar for SKB's that can be a better deal.

5. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

Just to compare and everthing else being same in your opinion would the recoil from the SKB 85 with a decent stock pad be a bit a more or less than that of a factory auto 391 trap?

Doug

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Having owned and shot both, I cant really tell a hell of a lot of difference in the recoil between them. Then again, I am not very recoil sensitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb 85 youth