1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB TTR Opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shotgun Ron, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgun Ron

Shotgun Ron Member

I am giving serious thought to buying this combo in high grade wood. 32/34 not sure which stock mc or std.

2. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I have the GC-7 Grade III combo, great gun. And definitely get the pretty one, then you won't have gun envy.

I added a recoil reducer to the stock and had it fitted to me. It has performed flawlessly, very easy to take apart (the ejectors and such for cleaning). I do not think there is a better value out there. I went to buy a Beretta and ended up with this one. I got an Americase and the unsingle combo for about 1K less than the Beretta.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have a friend with an 85TSS that he loves dearly and shoots like it was built just for him..I got to admit I really enjoyed when he let me try it...he wants another buttstock/forend so as to leave his hi-grade wood the unmolested factory length for summer and another set to shorten for winter...anybody out there have a spare wood set for an 85TSS??...email me if you do(remove xx's)..dealers welcome too

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I prefer the wide rib on my 85TSS over the tapered one on the TTR series. I agree with YODA100 on the higher adjustable rib. Wish this offered a 1/4" higher fixed rib as well for the O/Us. IMHO, the 85 series SKBs are the best made, best shooting, lowest recoiling guns made for the money, PERIOD!

AndyH ;-)

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

One downside to the SKB is the poor resale value. They are just not a
    high demand gun. A better choice in that price range is the Guerini.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think Guerinis are becoming so popular as to put them in a much higher price bracket ..TSKBs are a great value just always keep it as a backup and you'll never lose...one day they will get the respect they deserve, I'm sure

7. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I bought one with high grade wood-standard stock with adjustable comb. Its a great shooter. Half the price of Kreighoff or Guerini. Get the pretty wood-the standard is pretty plain.

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I recently bought a GC-7 with upgraded stock that matches the forearm perfectly from a very honest gentleman on this site a short while ago and remain very happy with it. There isn't a thing wrong with newer SKB's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb ttr