1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB trigger/sears

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by djpk69, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

My SKB Unsingle "broke" tonight. It's an 85TSS. Something rattles in the reciever. Guys at the trap club say springs or such. I've taken other guns apart before. Easy fix ??????

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Fairly easy to fix a broken trigger spring if you are mechanically inclined.

If it were me, I'd send the gun to SKB's warrenty center and let them do it and upgrade to the latest spec parts. I'm be pretty certain in saying that their warrenty/customer service hasn't changed one bit.

I'm sure Shooting Coach can help you out as well.

ss

3. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Thanks.......that's my 1st incling also. However......I own an 85TTS and a new lefthanded Topsingle. I shoot the Topsingle BAD. I need my unsingle back SOON.Probably go with SKB's great turnaround!

4. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

Second to none on repair service. They will upgrade your gun with the new redesigned triger and sear springs. Talk with Don or Rob at SKB

5. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

had it done bought a used 85tss, sent it in with my shipping and theres back to me and repair was 1 week. now thats fast. call them first

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Springs interchange ..why not take the good lower hammer spring from your top-singles frame to replace the broken unit in the unsingle...then put the new in in the top single once it arrives in the mail...easy to do with a set of locking style clamp forceps

7. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

I haven't taken it apart yet (tonight) , but I talked to Don at SKB and he's sending a new / improved hammer spring. He said that is probably the issue. Thanks for replies

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Send it back to Omaha, they fixed mine, out and back in 10 days.

9. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Thanks to ALL and Yoda100...mine will be done in 4 days if SKB (USPS) gets me the spring by this Monday.Simple fix.

10. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

P.S. took it apart and SURE enough there was the broken spring. Pretty beefy U shaped one. Yoda100 says GOOD needle nose will work to put the new one in. We'll see. Also ...I'm removing my upper spring as I have the unsingle with NO thought's about getting an over/under to fit. SKB recomended that.
    Thanks to ALL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
skb 85tss take apart

skb hammer and sear install video

skb trigger assembly
skb trigger springs
trigger for skb 85tss