1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB SxS Interia Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cementman, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cementman

cementman Member

Purchased an SKB 485 side x side combo, 20ga / 28ga that I've been looking for the past 5 years. Actual gun purchased was new in the box, unfired, stored the past 10 years. Shot the 20ga barrel yesterday with no problems but today had the 28ga barrel on the gun. Had a problem on 1 out of 3 shots fired from the right side that would not (or did not) have enough recoil to set the second barrell, left side. Realize that SKB manufactures thier 12ga / 20ga overunders with inertia triggers and their 28ga / 410ga with mechanical triggers. Any ideas of what I could do to correct this problem?????????

2. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

might have to sell it to me! lol

3. rad 53

rad 53 Member

Hi, I had a very similar problem with a 12G SKB SXS many years ago. I seem to remember I got into the inertia system and clipped a coil off the spring that sets the second sear to fire. All good after that .It may work for you,if you are not familliar with trigger systems maybe you should get a gunsmith to check it out.Regards from Down Under, Donald.

4. cementman

cementman Member

Still looking for ant advice

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Call and talk to Rob @ SKB on Tuesday 800-752-2767

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
skb 505 trigger
skb 505 trigger issues
skb inertia hammers