1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB stands for ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brucestorey, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Sucks Killing Birds

2. TLEE

TLEE TS Member

Sakaba

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

It's an interesting company with a long history.....see:

http://www.shirstone.com/skb/history.html

I have found their gun cases to be very good quality and value. Being light and strong; offering a good choice for local events, when looking for alternatives to lugging an Americase stuffed full of a Kolar at 40+ pounds.

all the best.....mike

4. al3526

al3526 TS Member

How about "saved killer bucks" a great gun for a realistic price. So happy i made the purchase. al

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Skimpily Klad Babes?????

Curt

6. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Shoot Kick Bleed, my buddy had one that kicked so hard that he got a blister and bled.

7. al3526

al3526 TS Member

i find it to be softer shooting. my father (68) agreed. al

8. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

You either love 'em or hate 'em it seems. As for me and my shooting buddies we all own several. Been shooting SKBs for over 30 years and still love them.

And yes, there have been a few repairs along the way but service out of Omaha is top notch in my experience.

Mostly use them for pheasants and sporting clays. But last year decided that my trap might improve with the Unsingle so bought yet another SKB and have been delighted with it.

9. al3526

al3526 TS Member

bought 85tss combo 34" unsing. with 30' o/u for 2500$ new in box. gun came with briley chokes and adj. monte carlo stock. next cheapest combo 4000 plus. what a deal! al

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well I've got one, can't say I either hate it or love it. It has needed it share of repairs, but of course every gun I've owned except the Parker has needed a repair or two. I use mine for sporting clays and a back up doubles gun.

All hell, it ain't a bad gun. I'm going to keep mine.

11. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Mike,

I don't think that the SKB gun cases have any connection with the SKB gun manufacturer in Japan. SKB cases were started in 1977 by two guys in California working out of their garage. SKB makes cases for all kinds of things such as guitars, electronics, etc.

Click on the link above for a few more details.

Easystreet

12. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Thanks, Easystreet. It never occurred to me they were two different companies.

Since the logo is so much alike it's a wonder there was never an infringement dust-up, especially in view of Hodgen getting it's panties all bunched up over Alliant calling their new powder Clay Dot.

In any case, friends, take a look at the fine cases SKB provides, with Easy's link. (they make a two gun case with enough barrel length to hold a two barrel set trap gun, with the unused space for the 2nd receiver for lots of accessories. http://www.exploreproducts.com/skb-breakdown-shotgun-gun-case-skb-3613d.htm

13. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Shoulda Kept my Browning. I like the guns and think they are great for the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what does skb stand for

what does skb stand for about shotguns