1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB shotguns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revbook, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revbook

revbook Member

I have no experience with nor do I know anyone who has an SKB shotgun. Are they any good?

Don

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

I really love mine. The club president borrowed it one day, shot a 25 and said "If you ever want to sell this, let me know".

I shoot 25's sometimes and I only shoot a couple of rounds a week, just during the summer here in Vermont. It hits where I look...

My only regret is not buying the combo.

cap

3. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

If you hear anything negative tread lightly. I have been shooting mine for three years now and love it. You can break a spring here and there but very easy to fix. My gun has about 50,000 rounds through it and still shoots great. It is not a high dollar gun but for the money is a great value.

Good Luck,
    Phil

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

For the upgrades that you get with an SKB as stock items you cannot beat the value. Forcing cones, back bored barrels, adj combs, etc. all are standard. I have new ones in stock and more on order from SKB USA.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

5. pitt100

pitt100 TS Member

I just bought a combo yesterday. Pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait. Now I need to find a case for the combo and figure out what parts I should keep on hand in case something breaks.

Pitt

6. Birddogfella

Birddogfella Member

I have had a couple of the SxS Ithaca/SKB. Well made and did not break the bank.
    IMHO...very good value.
    ///olde pharte/// ML Johnson

7. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Pitt100.......let me know what you get for a combo case that fits. I may want to purchase on also.

I like my 85TSS, flat shooter, crisp trigger. Nice gun for the money, and some 20,000 rounds thru it!

8. drg123

drg123 Member

I own several SKBs GC7 2-barrel set 12&20, 3-barrel set 410,28&20 and my first was a 12ga 85TSS. My 2 sons and I shoot them all mainly sporting clays and never had a problem and we shoot around 35,000 shells per yr. I would buy another.

dg

9. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

Pitt100, I ordered a complete backup parts kit,all the spring ejectors ect. I think I paid about $160.00 but I could rebuild the whole gun if I had to.

10. twotimer

twotimer Member

I own three of them-great guns for the $ Have well over 50k rounds through one of them, couple broken springs that's all! Mike

11. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

I have 85TSS combo I bought new from Mike Baptista several years ago. 32-34 combo with 7 or 8 Briley Ext tubes, upgrade wood, in a Warrick Case I would sell as I don't shoot trap anymore and don't need it. Excellent condition. Email me for pics and more info or send me a private message.

Sonny Daniels

12. TrapDud

TrapDud TS Member

Traded min 785 in on a new Beretta combo. Missed it went back to store and repurchased it.

Leland Cook

13. Reinz

Reinz Member

I have a handful of their doubles and love them obviously.

If their O/U are as good and as good a value, that says a lot in my book.

14. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Have a very nice 85TSS 32" unsingle for sale - if interested PM me. Brian

15. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

One thing about these SKB guns. You'll always find people that are willing to sell them for cheaper than what they should go for. That in itself is a huge incentive. Nothing wrong with the guns themselves. Just the people who think that because the original company in Japan shut down and stopped making them is somehow a reason to sell them for cheap. The people doing the warranty work in Omaha took over the complete line and is in the process of finding a new builder. Who knows what will come of it. But in the mean time if you can pick up one of these guns you will not be disapointed. They shoot great. Ya, I own one. And love it. I'd put it up against anything out there. From what I hear, the trigger springs need to be replaced every 27000 rounds or so. Aside from that and a yearly clean up (if you shoot it that much) the gun id 'gold'. Jim

16. pitt100

pitt100 TS Member

PHILFIRST,

What would a backup parts list consist of?

Pitt

17. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

Pitt,

Mine consisted of both hammer springs a right and left ejector cocking springs other springs that I have no idea what they do. (mine is a combo so I got everything for both barrels. I am not a gunsmith so I called SKB (Ron in Ohio)and said send me everything that could possibly break in this gun. About three days later a package arrived with all my parts. If you call SKB they are very helpful and will answer any questions you have.

Phil

18. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Here's the spare parts list I used.

Tim

19. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Will you be able to get parts in another five years?

20. The Stive

The Stive Member

I would like to find a SKB 485 in 12 ga with 28 inch barrels. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are skb shotguns any good
skb 12 gauge 85tss

skb 85tss review

skb 85tss review trigger springs
skb 85tss trigger
skb 85tss what year did they stop makeing them