1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

skb shotguns-anygood ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kevin a., May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

how are skb shotguns ?

thanks kevin

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Compared to a J.C Higgins, they are just one step down ... I have a single barrel J.C. Higgins that I got when I was 12 and it still shoots, I don't think there are any SKB 's that been around that long ... I'm 62 now by the way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Well I have had much better luck with the ones I had than WPT has had. I never had a bad one and I have had several of them.

4. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

There is nothing wrong with an SKB O/U or single barrel shotgun!!
    Lots of people shoot them. Some have had problems other no problems.
    They have V-Spring style hammer springs sorta like a Perrazi.
    Most Perrazi owners I know carrie extra hammer springs incase one decided to break. The SKB's are the same way you shouold have extra hammer springs incase of breakage. Other than hammer springs they are a good gun. Built very well. Though after 1000's of rounds. If you can get one at a good price buy it. I bought a 585 sporting model for my wife to start shooting doubles with.
    Oversized barrels with long forcing cones from the factory. Soft shooting!

Jason in PA

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

There is nothing wrong with an SKB. They have a Greener type cross bolt lockup and come with back bored barrels and lengthened forcing cones. If you do your part an SKB will out shoot any of the P or K guns. Those that look down at an SKB usually know someone who worked at a factory whose friend dated a girl who worked at a bar who heard that someones friend had known someone and on and on. Don't let the great unwashed masses make up your mind for you.
    Mike Battista

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

One step below a Mossberg. But, then Mossbergs stay together for a while.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Best bang for the Buck!

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Ya an out of business broke buck!

9. twotimer

twotimer Member

SKB has been around for over a hundred years. Yes they are out of business for now, but so have a lot of other manufactures gone and rose from the ashes. Rob, the guy that has SKB in America, is in the process of finding a new manufacture. He will play hell find someone to build them at present quality and price. I have a couple of them, just had one break down after 35k rounds. About week later and less than a couple hundred including shipping it is back in my hands good as new!!! Don't hesitate to get a fine gun at a very reasonable price. Mike

10. tbone0813

tbone0813 TS Member

I would say way above a Mossberg. I have an 85TSS trap and I love it. It is well built and reliable. I sent it in one time and the customer service was off the hook. If you have a chance to pick one up don't hesitate.

11. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

I agree with all the positive thoughts above on the SKB Models. Even though the Co. is out of buisness. There are lots of parts available for them if they do breakdown for you.

Jason in PA

12. teddytheyorkie

teddytheyorkie TS Member

I certainly hope so, I just bought this 2010 NIB SKB 32" GC7 grade III unsingle. A great shooting gun with little recoil at approximately 9 lbs 3 oz. Nitride finish with gold enhanced game scenes and scrolled engraving, adjustable comb and rib,pachmayr xlt butt pad,the monte carlo stock is a grade V/VI american black walnut, 3 briley x2 chokes;trap full, full, improved modified. The rib can be adjusted to shoot a pattern from 50/50 to 90/10. Oh by the way, they are still in business, you can find them online skbshotguns.com or call them at 1800-752-2767. They are very helpful if you have any questions. Mark H

teddytheyorkie_2009_25052.jpg

13. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ditto TM!

14. Slugo

Slugo Member

every bit equal to the B-guns...

15. iagirl45

iagirl45 TS Member

Hey Skicat
    I found this forum talking about a SKB and since you had one, thought I would pass this on to you.
    Ellis

16. citadel

citadel Active Member

These are excellent guns for more than $1,000 less than a similar Beretta or Browning. I have all of the guns mentioned in the above posts and the very best value for the $ is a used SKB. PERIOD.
    DOUG

17. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

While not in the same league as a Beretta or Browning, the SKB's I've handled and shot were decent guns. A bit clunky-feeling in the hands, but a decent gun for the money. If you like the way they feel, there is no reason to pass one up if it runs your bell.

18. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

19. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

I'd compare it to my 366 reloader. Hardly ever gives me problem. But when it does I just send it off to the boys in Omaha and its back in my hands within two weeks. Try that with a browning. 4 months or longer. I've put 35k shells through mine and plan on putting 350k through it if I get the chance. Jim

20. shadow

shadow Active Member

I likw mine better than any trap gun I have ever owned. That includes a long list of P,K,L,B guns. Still break out one of the M-12s for the hell of it, but when serious $$$ are on the line the 85TSS is in my hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are skb shotguns any good

are skb shotguns still in business
skb 585 target hamme spring
skb shotguns any good
skb shotguns are they good
skb shotguns forum
skb shotguns good
skb shotguns out of business