1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB semi-auto won't eject low base shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quad56, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quad56

quad56 TS Member

SKB semi-auto won

I picked up a SKB semi-auto from a friend for $100. The problem is it won't eject a low base shell. I will eject a high base 3 1/2 dram but not a 2 3/4 dram. It has a L/H selector but that didn't help. Any ideas..???.?.
    All I know is its a 1990 Ducks Unlimited 12ga 28inch

quad56sbcglobalnet_2012_0408.jpg

quad56sbcglobalnet_2012_04081.jpg

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Id take the barrel off and inside the gas collar there must be some kind of porting orifice arrangement where the low setting is being restricted with some kind of dirt in there you cant see..you may need to run a wire through it or if that doesnt work you might let someone knowledgable enlarge the port/ports to allow more gas to pass using your lightest loads as a control benchmark..check to make sure any piston rings/seals at the end of the bar are in good shape...hope that helps

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Steel base shells? Sometimes they don't work well in tight chambered guns. If not, take CalvinMD's advice.

4. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

better yet sell it 2 me 4 200 bucks ok ty bob

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

fyi don't ever shoot steel shot through that gun. Ruins the barrel and there aren't any more barrels for them. Bill

6. quad56

quad56 TS Member

Thanks for the suggestions. They were federal top gun shells. Slayer I have no intention of shooting stell thru it, just a back-up / loaner gun for clays. And lighting20, not a chance

7. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

take the barrel off.look on the collar where the l/h selector is and you will see a small screw.(u can see it in your pic). un screw it and remove the retainer.inside u will find a plastic seal and a o ring.take them out and call skb. replace w/new ones and u are good to go.i think they r $6.00 or $7.00 ea.when u call skb talk 2 the gunsmith.he may have other ideas.nice guy 2 talk 2.

part #101540,101570.

skb ph# 1-800-752-2767
    tracy

8. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Two different guns but one of my officers brought a Rem 870 Tactical express to the range when we were qualifying. He was shootnig some elcheapo Dick's sports loads that were made by one of the bigger manufacturers. The steel brass was so thin it expanded to the point where it was getting stuck in chamber. Obviously this wasn't a gas issue it was a brass issue. If you can manually eject the round easily the brass thing wouldn't be the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ducks unlimited skb

shotgun brass expands and wont eject

shotgun skb beautiful

skb 101540

skb and 101540

skb automatic shotgun eject problems

skb semi setting

skb shotgun ducks unlimited