1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Skb rib pin trouble

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Wouldn't you know it. My SKB 85ttr broke the factory rear rib pin awhile back. While I waited (not long) for the guys in Omaha to send me another pin I went to my local hardware store an got a tapered rolling pin to use in the mean time. Today at the Livermore shoot the damn pin broke again. Tonight I put the factory replacement pin in and we'll see what happens. This winter I'm sending the gun to Omaha so the boys can REALLY fix it. Who knows, maybe the tolerances for the hole are off and that's what is causing the pins to break. The new factory pin slipped in pretty easy so I put some electricians tape over the holes on either side to keep it from working out. Shot a 98 on singles before it broke. Darn thing broke after 3 shots into the handicap and I had to go to my old Broadway o/u. Finished Hh/c with a 91. Jim

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Several years ago, I picked up a SKB at the CA. State Shoot from the factory table and the rib was already broken as you described. Hard to have confidence in a gun manufacturer who puts out on their own table a broken gun and cannot repair it. I thought SKB went out of business?? Fred

3. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Ya, in Japan. Don't get me wrong. Its a great shooting gun. And it's a relatively easy fix. If this is all that ever goes wrong with it I'll be happy. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.