1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slowdp, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Someone told me the SKB guns had a problem with the firing pin remaining out after shooting and would hamper opening the action. Is there anything to that? The gun I am looking at is an older 1970 ish engraved over and under. Model number is unknown.

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i'd call guns unlimited and ask for dan he will answer that question--they use to own skb usa--- bill voss in omaha ne is the skb gunsmith, he is recovering from some health concerns and wont be in action for a month

3. Mel12

Mel12 TS Member

My 85tss does it. To my knowledge all the newer ones do it. My friends GC7 does it also. Several thousand rounds and no problems. My friend emailed the company and asked about it and they said that its ok and nothing is wrong. I kinda like it, makes it easy to count how many times a hull has been fired.

4. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

My 85TSS.....would score the shell base, but never hung up the opening of the action. I like SKB, and the guyS in Omaha were very good to me.

5. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

My SKB will be here tomorrow, why is it that you never hear about any problems until after you buy? haha, oh well.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

slowdp, I own and have shot my SKB O/U 5700 since 1979 and it hans never failed. I've never herad of the problem you described. My SKB ahs performed flawlessly since the day I got it. I will tell you that i shoot lighter loads for targets as it has always ahd a kick.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Had a 605 combo years ago and found the lower barrel would shoot 10"- 12" higher than the top barrel . Since I had a release top barrel , shooting doubles was not very good so I sold it . Those guys in NE told me they never heard of this ? Well I told them and they got obnoxious on the phone and said maybe I didn`t know what I was talking about ?? I paper patterned it as a few other members did also and this was truely exactly as I stated . Some that have the newer models are very satisfied but I don`t know if they have the same problem I did ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.