1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

skb meets curl-walnut midwestgunstocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sporting20gauge, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporting20gauge

sporting20gauge Banned User Banned

skb overunder curl/walnut www.midwestgunstocks.com

2. sporting20gauge

ruffing and shaping stage, fitting to shooters needs, then test fired for poi

3. sporting20gauge

roll over cheek piece

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

PURTTY!

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

perty wood but very un orthadox style?

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Wow - very nice. I really like SKB 85TSS ... but the problem I have with them is in the grip. The grip shape just is not comfortable for my hand. This would solve that problem for sure.

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

While on the SKB subject.That was one gun the fella that got me into trap said to stay away from.His view was that he knew a fella several years ago that had a SKB and couldn't finish a big shoot without trigger trouble.Anyone know if that is still a problem with them or has that problem been addressed.Reason asking,seems I've seen New SKBs listed on this site and they were as cheap as Brownings .

Doug H.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Man that is narrow in that glove grip stock area. Any concern of it cracking? Do you have any reinforcing inside the grip area? Looks comfortable, and is similar to what I need in my KS-5 stock, because of the long top tanged receiver. Jon

9. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Granted that takes some serious skills, kudos.

Bryan

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Doug H. many years ago SKB had a batch of bad springs. That has since been corrected ... but there are people here who will never forget and keep bringing up a non issue.

I guess it makes them feel superior?

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

Thanks Ahab,I forget who it was ,but they advertised New SKB, in stock.I'll search the thread.It seems to me it was exactly the problem you discibed.The fella use to rib his friend about the springs breaking all the time.

Doug H.

12. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

The ad for new SKB was silver dollar. If I can put the scratch together I'll be giving him a call. I shot one at the club I belong to and I just felt right.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.