1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB has shut their doors!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

For those who don't know about it, SKB has shut down their firearms manufacturing in Japan. They are no longer producing Shotguns and are out of business.

Guns Unlimited, the North American importer for SKB, has bought up a lot of spares and wood to continuing servicing and warrenty work that may be needed.

I don't know what this will do to the used market and what guns that are unsold, but they won't be making any more new ones.

And no, this isn't a joke/hoax!

ss

2. John391

John391 TS Member

It is sad when any company goes out of business. Where did you get this information? SKB makes great shotguns. John

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The release that I viewed was straight from Guns Unlimited and not from the press or internet.

Like I said, this isn't a hoax or a joke.

ss

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Well, isn't that just friggin' peachy!

When shot inched up to nearly $50 a bag some years back, in disgust I quit shooting, sold my BT-100 and took up a different hobby (flying airplanes, of all things.)

Feeling the itch again and seeing that shot prices were down around $25 a bag, I thought maybe I'd get started shooting again. So, I went and bought a nice GC-7 oversingle, because I'd shot an SKB some years back and was quite impressed with the quality, how it felt, and how I shot with it.

Now the price of shotis creeping back up to the breaking point, and to top it off you tell me that SKB is gone under.

Crap!!! I just can't win, I guess...

Kiv

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

The Guns Unlimited site says nothing about a SKB shutdown, and in fact makes no mention of SKB in any way! How did this press release come to you? Mail, email, or???

Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow to get the straight skinny!

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

There is nothing about closing on the SKB website. The link will take you there.

Eric

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The letter that I viewed was from Guns Unlimited. It was a printed document sent to their dealer network dated 12/31/09.

EE and the rest of you naysayers,

If you really think that I'd come on here and post something like this that isn't true, well I don't know what to tell you.

I expect an apology when you learn what I'm saying as being the truth!

ss

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. LOL

They have a great product. If they are gone, I have parts and provide service in Middle Tenn.

Write me for your needs. If needed, arms can be shipped to me for service.

Those guys at SKB are great to deal with. (DARN)

9. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I'm not doubting your veracity, ShortShucker. Remember, you wouldn't be the first person to honestly pass along what they thought was good information, which then turned out to be bogus!

But if you saw an actual printout of the notice, well, then that's proof enough for me!

Kiv

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Guys I'm sorry that I don't have the document in hand. As I have no scanner on my laptop, or in my possesion, I couldn't scan it and post anyway.

The letter that I viewed was official.

ss

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

if you have it on your pc you can email it??

12. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I am not doubting your word on this but at this point I am wondering if GU isn't the ones going broke. It wasn't but 3 months ago they started dumping all there K guns and some other brands saying they were no longer a dealer. It all points to them being in some trouble also. Who knows, maybe they will all shut down before it's over.
    The SKB had shitty resale before all this, now you will have to pay someone to take out of your house.

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Lou,

If it was in an email on my computer, I could post it. What part of a viewed paper document is so hard to understand?

ss

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

My wife just order some chokes for SKB for her hunting SKB. We got them in 3 days and they said nothing about closing. They told her if she need any more help just call.

15. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Interesting considering I just received their 2010 catalog...but it's not the first time they've shut down.

16. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i dont think you know tommy nichols!!! there is a very good business man.GU sold their SKB line/dist. to a former employee, 3yrs ago or so. he is also in omaha. dan who manages the GU store said they dropped the big K due to unfair pricing to non K dealers vs GU.--- i am not doubting anything- but i was just there @ GU sat. am,-&-PS- they picked up the BLASER line to replace K guns!!- now the SKB international thing- the long gun business is in a huge slump??????wally riebesell

17. emm2

emm2 Member

I'm with smokin joe I just got the 2010 catalog in the mail this week.

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

sorry, I misunderstood. You must have gotten it in the mail

19. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

GU HAS BLASER??

This is good for Blaser. GU has great folks.

Is Norbert still in the Blaser business in TX? An ambassador of the sport!

20. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

So? Being an owner of one of their fine guns doesn't bother me at all. I also own a couple m-12's. They don't make those anymore either if what is stated here is true. If anything, my gun just went up in price. Too bad if they did close shop. Nice gun. Maybe Monday one of the fellas here could call Don or one of the other guys in Omaha and get the skinny. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
skb bsa 100

skb bsa model 100