1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB GC7 Trap or Remington 3200?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NJCOP, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Remington is still in business. SKB is not but there is a parts supply that will last until I probably croak. That being said any thought to a used 3200 Trap vs a SKB Trap. Haven't seen either except on Gunbroker and here. Haven't shot either. I have SKB doubles for hunting and they are solid for this purpose but pounding on a trap line is a different matter but we are only talking target loads. If you shoot either let me know your impressions. Also, with a daughter in college and raising the other daughters 2 sons I am not in the market for a higher priced unit AKA Kreigoff, Perezzi, Kolar, etc, etc. Sorry if they spelling is shotty.

2. alf174

alf174 Member

The 3200 will hold resale - if you can, shoot both to see which one feels better.

3. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I've owned both ,both are Excellent guns,however

I sold the 3200 due to parts availibility,also both

are heavy apprx 9 lbs,I still shoot my SKB twice a week,

Good luck on your purchase

JIM

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The parts situation on an SKB is better and they STILL have great factory service despite no guns being currently produced..I still think that a new production facility will be found eventually..I'd bet that you can use the resale to your advantage as a way to leverage a great deal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.