1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB Firing Pin Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootman, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootman

shootman TS Member

I have a SKB mod. 600 trap o/u that my grandson shoots. Last year early he started having problems with the bottom barrel. About 10-15 shells out of a flat the firing pin barely dented the primer. The rest would shoot fine. I shot all the bad ones in my beretta and they fired fine. Iput new firing pins and hammer springs in the gun but it still does it now and then. He shoots the gun well and i hate to change guns on him . These are reloads with Fiochi primers fed. hulls and have had no problems in all my other guns. Any suggestions. BOB

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Drop the stock off your SKB and make sure firing pin retainers are tight (do you have the proper SKB tool to tighten retainers?), pins are free without drag or excessive resistance due to spring bind, and check for proper firing pin protrusion to insure correct installation.

Also, you might degrease the action and lube with a good gun oil such as Rem Oil, Ballistol, or any good firearms lubricant. Do not use heavy lube or grease in the action.

If arm still does not do well with Fiocchis, join the club. Many firearms have issues with them.

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I don't shoot skb's , shoot the reciever down good with carb (no wood!) cleaner, blow out the reciever with compressed air then give a shot of rem oil, just a quick mist.

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bottom barrel skb shotgun bairly hitting firing pin
how tighten an skb action
ithaca skb model 600 firing pin problems

removal of firing pins on a skb 500

skb 500 lower barrel firing pin and spring
skb firing pin
skb shotgun problems