1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB Ejector Removal ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smithy47, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I have a friends SKB model 600 and the left (upper) ejector is bent out. I am going to attempt to straighten it. Does anyone know how to remove the ejector on this model O/U shotgun?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Bob

2. wm rike

wm rike Member

Lay the barrels on their side and push the ejector to within about 1/8" of its closed position. There is a little cutout on the side of the monobloc, below the ejector, and you can see when the ejctor's retaining tab enters this window. At this point you can rotate the lower edge of the ejector out of its track in the monobloc, and then lift the whole ejector out.

It's wise to wear gloves of some sort. You can sustain some dirty cuts if the slipperly little things get away from you. If you haven't done this before, put a cardboard box about a foot behind the breech end of the barrels to catch the springs, should they get away from you. Don't mix the springs - typically, the SKB ejectors are very well timed and you want to put things back exactly as they were.

3. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Wm rike, thanks for the info!
    It came out just as you said.
    I got it straightened, that is, bent back to 90 degrees, and reinstalled. It is now working as it is suppose to.
    It was so dirty in the slot I could not see the cutout in the ejector that would allow you to lift it out. With your instructions I was able to twist on it just enough to lift it out after pushing it in like you said.

I appreciate the help!

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

disable skb ejectors

how to remove stock from skb

ithaca 600 ejector spring

remove ejector spring 90tts skb trap

skb ejector springs

skb ejector sticking

skb shotgun ejector fitting