1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB cocking problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by elinvar, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elinvar

elinvar Member

Hello all

I have an SKB 85TSS combo that has started to not cock properly- probably 5 out of 100 and the hammer does not cock. Bottom barrel. If you move the selector to the top barrel and back-then open the gun it seems to cock correctly.
    Is this a common problem with an easy fix or does it require a trip to the gunsmith?
    I imagine it will will going with me to Sparta to get repaired.

Any thoughts?

Terry Jones

2. zaob1

zaob1 Member

Terry,

Contact Bill at Silver Dollar, or call SKB USA directly. I am sure either one can answer your question. I personally have two SKB's and have not had any issues with them.

Rick

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Terry,I have the same problem w/my Ithaca 500.who are you taking your gun to?

tracy

4. elinvar

elinvar Member

I will probably take it to Phillips- he has always treated me right and I get a dealer discout too.

Terry

5. zaob1

zaob1 Member

Terry,
    I all honesty, from where I am located, Florida, if I had a problem with any of my SKB's I would take them to Bill at Silver Dollar. Not knowing where you are, i why I suggested the two options. There are others around who can solve your problem, but I don't know where you are located. Good luck as I am sure it is a minor problem.

Rick

6. elinvar

elinvar Member

Thanks everyone for the info

Terry

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

If you can do without the gun for about 2 weeks, send it to the distributor. Mine came back with all new springs and looking like new !....NO CHARGE,NO SHIPPING fee.

8. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Shadow,could you give me the name and address of the distributor you sent your gun to?

thanks Tracy

9. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Tracy, GOOG up SKB in Omaha Neb. If you really need the gun done fast they usually will turn it within a week back to you. Jim

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Terry, you have a PM.

11. elinvar

elinvar Member

Shadow
    I have not gotten a PM from you...

try again

Terry

12. shadow

shadow Active Member

I just handed to the SKB folks from Omaha at the Grand a couple of years ago. It came home a couple weeks later like new.

13. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I had great luck with the Staff in Omaha...out and back in 10 days, minimal charges, upgraded the trigger, fire pin, et al. Very Happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.