1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB choke question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I have an 85TSS over and under that I use for doubles. I was wanting to know the difference between the trap full and the regular full choke. Guys, which one in your opinion is better for the second shot in doubles. I would say that I am a medium to slow shot for my second shot. Thanks everybody!

2. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

SKB lists the full choke tube at .025 constriction and the Trap full at .035 constriction. Which is best for you would require shooting both and making an educated decision based on results (target breaks). I personally shoot the Trap full at everything (16's, second shot doubles and 27) and am pleased with my result.

3. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Thanks! Anyone else have any thoughts?

4. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

i've heard modified & improved modified for doubles...being that you often take that first shot much more quickly than you would normally.

Me, I just ordered some briley chokes, improved modified & light full.
    I have a modified choke that came with the gun...but I am not too crazy about it.

5. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"Me, I just ordered some briley chokes, improved modified & light full. I have a modified choke that came with the gun...but I am not too crazy about it."

You will love those Briley chokes. I just bought two for my SKB 385. They're dead-nuts accurate and finished ike jewelery.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Hope they get here this week...dying to try them out. I got the black oxide extended ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.