1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB "check-up"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

I've got a SKB 85TSS which shoots really nice. Should I send it back to SKB for a "check-up"? I'm not shooting it for a couple of months and it would be a good time. Has anyone done this? Your opinions please...

Thanks!

Bruce

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

SKB

If it isnt broken--dont fix it. If it breaks SKB can get it back to you in short order. Mine came back within a week--better than new, had all new springs and clean as a whistle. NO CHARGE!!!!! not even for the return shipping !!

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

SKB

From everything I've heard about SKB's service, you may be without the gun for 10 days tops. A little preventive maintience never hurt anything.

ss

4. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

SKB

Capvan,

The 85TTR looks virtually the same as the 85TSS with the exception of a tapered rib, however, the important difference is that the 85TTR comes with the unpgraded trigger springs. If your 85TSS has not been upgraded I suggest you do so now. Call Rob or Don and provide you serial number. They will be able to determine the date of manufacture and recommend what to do.

As you have probably read on several threads, many 85TSS owners have had trigger springs failures. The upgrade includes a much stronger spring and the removal of the upper barrel spring, unless of course you have a combo. In that case both springs will be replaced. According to Rob and Don, the new springs should last about 5 years.

Be pro-active...why would you want to wait for the inevitable to happen at the most inappropriate time.

Smok'n Joe

5. carv

carv Member

SKB

Yes send it back. I have sent mine back 2 times for check ups and both times the gun was gone over completly. First time all springs were replaced and fireing pins. Second time same thing and the rib was replaced with the new updated rib. No Charge!! SKB service is second to none.

6. twotimer

twotimer Member

SKB

I had A spring break in mine last spring, sent it back, told them to replace all the springs and it was back in about ten days. It was out af warrantee so I had to pay-it was not much. Mike