1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB Break-down Shotgun Soft Case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by benniesdad, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Anyone have one of the new SKB Break-down Shotgun Soft Cases? Wondering what your impressions are. Having not handled one, am trying to get a feel for how much or how little support and protection it provides. Considering getting one for a 3200 for trips to the local club and back.

[​IMG]

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Looks nice from what i can tell by the pics on the site you provided. It says its 34" long. I don't think it will hold my 34" barrel or i may get one too. Usually the cases measure 35-37" that will hold a 34" long barrel.--Matt

3. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

I really looked hard at this due to price and functionality. I even took a SKB 85TSS 34" barrel into the store to see if I could get it to fit. Unfortunately, the case will only take a 32" or less barrel.

Personally, for the price I think it's perfect for transporting a gun to and from the club.

If you have a 32" barrel, buy it.

Blueraven

4. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Blueraven - you are the only person I have heard of who has actually had the opportunity to physically examine this case. How much support does it provide? I understand it is not a hardcase, but am interested if it has enough internal structure to keep the parts from moving around and knocking into each other. I am looking at using it for a Remington 3200 so barrel length limitation is not an issue.

5. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Guns Unlimited in Omaha has the cases and when I recently purchased a BT-99 I went shopping for a case for it.

I ended up getting the Browning hard case for the BT-99, but when I saw this soft case I figure it was perfect for the SKB 85TSS I had. Only problem like I stated is it won't take a 34" barrel.

I was impressed with the case, it seems pretty rugged and lightweight. The felt lining is soft and protective. Plus for the price you're not too worried about being careful with it.

I would have no concerns about anything moving around inside it. That's not to say things won't be a little loose depending on their fit, but I think everything would stay in their own compartment.

Of course it is a semi-soft case so I certainly wouldn't sit on it, but I wouldn't have a problem stacking other gun cases on it or a range bag.

One thing, it is a soft case so it's not able to be used when flying commercially.

I seem to recall that Guns Unlimited were asking $79.99 for it.

My SKB and Browning hard cases are certainly better than this one, but I paid over $400 for those two cases.

If my SKB 85TSS and BT-99 had 32" barrels, I'd own two of these instead.

Blueraven

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I called SKB. They went through the bother of checking on the interior length of the barrel compartment. She said it was 33 1/2" long. This would allow enough room for my 32" O/U barrels with the extended tubes. I think I will order one. Seems like a nice case for the money. Ed

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought a 34" barrel SKB and then started looking for a nice soft case. I found a nice 56" Beretta double gun case at Gamaliel's in Ky. for around $50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
break-down shotgun case
breakdown shotgun case soft
skb 85tss break down
skb break down shotgun soft case

skb break-down shotgun soft case

skb shotgun soft case
skb soft shotgun case
soft shotgun cases breakdown