1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB? Are they still making guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Triton28, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triton28

Triton28 Member

I'm looking into an skb 85ttr or tss and I'm concerned about parts and service. Are they still pumping out new guns and parts or is everyone just selling what is left over? Thanks

2. K80.5

K80.5 TS Member

They have been out of business since about 2009 I believe.
    The importer in Omaha still has new guns and parts for sale and maintains the website

3. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

I've been snooping and thinking about buying one of the SKB's 85ttr or TSS also, I thought they were still being made? I received a Magazine about a Month or so back showing these 2 guns brand new?

4. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

I've been snooping and thinking about buying one of the SKB's 85ttr or TSS also, I thought they were still being made? I received a Magazine about a Month or so back showing these 2 guns brand new?

5. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

They are very good guns for the price, and the value is good as well! I would not worry about parts, as many years of parts set in Omaha NE as they have excellent service. many will chime in here that will Vouch for thousand of round thru their SKB.

6. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

They have had a shop at the Grand in Sparta for the last few years.

I'm pretty sure they are alive and well.

Todd

7. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I had contact info for a guy who had new ones for sale. I have limited info on the guy other then a first name. The guy is in Mound City, Mo. He had brand new SKBs his name is Mark-660-572-0023. Had the best price for new i had found but I ended up finding a used one I couldnt pass up. Sorry I dont have more info. Good luck!!

PS: The upgraded wood is well worth it!!

8. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Gums unlimited in Omaha has most of the new ones their about the only dealer of them left I think they bought up all the remaining stock when skb went under.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

GU is actually looking for someone to manufacture- but they have so many parts and guns they aren't in a panic to find someone at the moment is what they told me

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rob at SKB USA is looking for a new manufacturer in Italy. Main hurdle will be the large initial order for the new SKBs. Rob still has parts for SKBs for the next twenty years. Not to worry.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

11. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

for what its worth-- guns unlimited was the usa importer of skb and sold wholesale and retail - about 10yrs ago they sold the skb usa line to rob (i cant think of last name)-he has a warehouse & repair center in omaha and has a very large inventory . he is seeking a new mfgr with big obstacles to overcome w/ importing and dollar value ect!!

fyi- i live near omaha ---- the above mention of an skb forsale

-mark in mound city, it is still forsale and a very nice gun- i know mark personally and you wudnt go wrong buying it--he's vain on clean and nice!!!! wally riebesell 660-744-4115 cst

12. Triton28

Triton28 Member

thanks guys this makes me feel more confident about buying one now.

13. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

SKB had a display at Shot Show 2013 , I have a master book, I will check it.

Joe Woods/Ontario

14. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Good gun? Yes, buying something thats not made anymore nor in business? IMO no. But when I buy a gun I plan on keeping it for a long long time. If you buy and sell you will be OK I would think.

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

A friend of mine has one and shoots trap with it. He shoots it very well. He has had more then a fair share of problems with it though. He has had at least one "take it to a gunsmith" repair every year. He shoots about 5,000 targets per year. Parts have not been a problem. Personally I would look for a Browning or a used Perazzi combo before I would buy an SKB.

16. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

In my younger days I rode dirt bikes a little. I bought a used Penton because it was scary fast and slick. I found out that it doesn't matter how cool the bike is when you can't get parts to make it run. Had to have a couple parts made at a machine shop, then dumped it. I passed on the SKB's. Bill

17. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I bought a new car sometime back. It was very good for the money?
    CED

18. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Dont be afraid to buy an SKB, they claim to have 20+ years worth of parts. The only problem ive had with mine was that I bent an ejector. The reason it bent was because of a bad crimp that I tried to force in the gun by closing it. My own stupidity is the only reason it broke. While it was in Omaha I had them completly overhaul the reciever. Total bill with shipping was $250. Try to do that with a perazzi combo....

19. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Rob at SKB USA in Omaha is the owner of all the parts and the name. He is a very nice guy to deal with. The is associated with GU wholesale in Omaha that used to be associated with Guns Unlimited of Omaha. A few years ago they split the retail arm and the wholesale arm and went different directions. Not to say that they still don't do business together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are skb shotguns still being made

are skb shotguns still in business

is skb still in business

skbare magazin