1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 900 Auto?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I have a chance to buy one of these in a field model for $400, Does anyone know if they are any good? It has engraving on both sides of the receiver and a 30" full choke. thanks

2. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

I paid $270.00 for mine two years ago.

If it is atrue 900 recoil operated it usually take 3-1/4 dram equiv to operate action. If it is 900XL gas operated it work with less dram equiv. loads.

Gun worked for me...

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hello:
    i had a trap grade, could not hit to much with it. but i really can't hit to much with any gun. of all the semi automatics i have had, the skb xl 900 had to be the least melfunctioning gun of the bunch. one of the owners of boxhorns years ago had one that she shot trap with. she NEVER cleaned it except once per year. she could not even get the barrel off, so the gunsmith on the grounds would have to soke it for a day or too. only problem is, where do you get parts should something break? i paid $195.00 used for mine. should you purchase one, i'd have to say it's a workhorse. if you can shoot it first do so, because i had trouble hitting targets with mine.
    steve balistreri

4. DiggerL

DiggerL Member

Parts for the gas guns are available from SKB. These guns are still in production but not currently imported to the US. More info available on the SKB web site.

5. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Do these guns have a cut off to prevent shells from being loaded from the magazine?

Regards,

Berettaman7

6. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb xl900 trap grade