1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 85ttr wont fire bottom barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Had a nearly new skb to quit firing the bottom barrel today, any ideas?? we tried everything short of taking it apart.. open it, switch the selector, close,it, smack the butt, and so on.. the top barrel will fire fine, it did this earlier in the season but fixed its self..thanks!

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Remove the stock and clean the action out. They are usually full of grease and sawdust. Clean with some gunscrubber or similar product and lightly oil. A can of compressed air is nice to have on hand to blow the action out.

ss

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I had the same problem, the Top Barrel will fire but the bottom would not. This occurred after about 8000 rounds. I sent it back to SKB in Omaha, and they fixed the problem for me. In my case, I was charged a small fee for parts (less than $75.00) and got the gun back in 2 weeks. I am happy with the trap gun, and happy with the prompt service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.