1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

SKB 85TTR Upgraded Wood ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Yankee Bill, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

I'm contemplating getting a SKB 85TTR Unsingle.

However, there are no dealer's within driving distance of me so I can look at different grades / models of these guns to compare them in person, and I can't really tell much by the picture on the SKB website. Can anyone who has seen these guns with both the standard and upgraded wood tell me if there is a great difference between the two, do you think it is worth the extra $$?

Also, if anyone might know the current upcharge price for the upgraded wood option on the 85TTR unsingle. I know that pretty don't break birds, but I like pretty if it can be had at a reasonable price.

Thanks for any info you may have to offer,

YB
  2. Tom421

Tom421 TS Member

Yes, go with the wood upgrade. Have one with all the upgrades. Great gun for the price. Check out Gunbroker.com thats where I got mine.
  3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Active Member

New SKB 85TTR, 34" unsingle, upgraded wood, MC stock, adj comb. $2200.00.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212
  4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Active Member

Definitly get the upgraded wood. They are hard to resell. The
    upgraded wood will help.
  5. 3357

3357 Member

I bet mike battista or guns unlimited would e-mail you good pictures of the guns they have in stock. when I purchased my wifes bt-99 golden clays, guns unlimited e-mailed me close up pictures of the guns they had in stock and I picked the one I wanted.
  6. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I went ahead and ordered one from Mike, very nice guy to deal with. And very patient :) while I bugged him with several phone calls.

I orderd the 34" Unsingle / Std. stock / Adj. Comb / High Grade wood with case. He didn't have a Std. stock / Adj. Comb model in the shop, so SKB is shippping one directly to my FFL. Hope to have it towards the end of next week. I'll be waiting ... not so patiently :).

YB
  7. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

PM sent. You are going to love this gun.
  8. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

Thanks clay shooter, I'm looking forward to getting it.

PM answered.

YB
  9. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

Appreciate your input Mike, and glad you enjoy shooting your 85TSS. I can assure you that regardless of the High Grade wood I chose, this gun will be a tool as well, and be used and enjoyed as it was designed to be.

I'm not exactly rolling in dough, but through the years I've been fortunate enough to have aquired numerous firearms, many which are several times the cost of this one, and not a single one has ever been a Safe Queen. They all get used and enjoyed.

I have no one to leave them to (only have a couple of Yuppie Nieces and Nephews that are Libs) whom will be in for a big shock when I croak and leave my estate including all my rental properties, to various agencies that will be for the benefit Sportsmen and wildlife.

BTW, I used to shoot a lot of skeet (never had shot trap before) but due to injuries I haven't been able to shoot at all for the last 5 yrs. or so. Been feeling better recently and joined a new club that only has a Trap field.

Took my old 682 Gold E Sporting to the trap line for the first time ever and shot 21's - 24's for my first four rounds of trap, shot a 25 straight on my fifth round. Not trying to blow my own horn by any means, merely making a point.
    As the old adage goes .. it ain't the arrow, it's the Indian.

Doesn't matter one iota what gun anyone shoots, as long as "they" are happy to shoot it.

Good shooting,

YB
  10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Active Member

YB, SKB's standard wood is pretty plain. I believe their wood upgrade used to run $300. As with any gun some of the upgraded wood is nicer to look at than others, so always try to see some pix of the gun you want and not just a pix that a gun dealer posts that he got off the internet. Mike Battista at the Silver Dollar is a very honest gentleman to deal with and will try his best to make you happy. No Im not getting any kick-backs. Just a FYI. I agree with you that SKB's are a fine gun and highly under-rated, but that still does not help with thier used resale value. Good Luck and break em all Jeff
  11. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the well wishes. I'm looking forward to enjoying the gun.
    YB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.