1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

SKB 85TTR TRAP COMBO opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by YOTESLAYER, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Does anyone have any opinions on this gun? I am looking to buy a combo and this combo is in my budget. Hows the recoil, balance, quality? Thanks in advance!

Ryan
  2. citadel

citadel Active Member

This gun set is excellent value for the money. there is nowhere you can get an unsingle set for close to the price and the quality and lock up system are very solid. My wife and each have a set with the double and unsingle. We find them very easy to shoot. Do not buy them new. Put an ad here on TS looking for a set. You should pay about 1800-2000 for the set with a case and all the bells and whistles. The resale value is not too good but if you buy for the price I suggest the original owner will have taken the hit and you will be just fine.
    Good luck
    Doug
  3. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I also own a 85TTR combo and am very pleased with all aspects.
    JIM
  4. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

They recoil about the same as most other guns, nothing excessive. Any gun needs fitted to the shooter, to help negate recoil.

Balance is not too terrible, slightly top-heavy due to design (Kersten bolting, etc.), and front heavy (choke tubes).

Quality is very good, comparable to any gun selling at nearly twice the retail.

A few design flaws (substandard trigger and slightly dated design) but a very good gun at that price point.

Can be purchased used for less than the depreciation of a K or P gun. GAP
  5. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Member

I always heard SKB stood for S**T Keeps Breaking.
  6. bkt514

bkt514 Member

I like mine a lot, yes to the upgraded wood. Mine SKB is older and I sent it to Omaha and had the triggers et al upgraded for minimal cost.
  7. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Active Member Supporting Vendor

I have 85TTR combos 32/34 and 30/34 here at the Silver dollar . Call me.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212
  8. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

A used 85ttr combo in real good shape should sell for 2200 to 2500. I put about 20,000 rounds a year through mine. Owned it like 3 years or so. Great gun for the money. Service turn around time is about a week to 10 days. Costs me about 150 a year to have it tuned up at the service facility in Omaha. Just shot a 99 with it from the 26yd line last week. Jim
  9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think they are a very nice gun and still have my fingers crossed that some other company would purchase mfg rights and resume production albeit with a couple refinements that will eliminate the few shortcomings...would like to see them make a comeback to be around a long long time and not go the way of the Rottweils,..another great shooter gun that should still be around
  10. zaob1

zaob1 Member

I have an 85TTR O/U 30" bought from Silver Dollar. Great gun. LOVE IT. Had an opportunity to purchase a combo 32/34 unsingle. BouGHT it. LOVE IT. For those of us who maybe can not affore the K's P's ect. the skb is a terrific gun. My choice when shooting. I also have a 391 Beretta, and a 682 Gold combo. Always go back to the SKB. Buy it. You won't regreat it.

Rick
  11. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Ok I think you guys have helped assure me that its a good buy!! Now to just talk the wife into it...... Ahh the hard part.
  12. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have shot them and sold them. Best bang for the buck!

blade819
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb 85ttr combo for sale

skb 85ttr unsingle trap shotgun