1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 85TSS info?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by straighttrapshooter100, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. straighttrapshooter100

straighttrapshooter100 TS Member

i am interesed in buying a 85TSS but have herd good and bad about them.
    so if anybody has input i'd apprecate it.THANKS.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

You will hear a lot of both on this site. I owned one and shot it very well. Mine was a 34/32 combo with upgrade wood and M/C stock. The reason that I got rid of mine was that I bought a BPS trap and shoot it a lot better. The only thing that I would suggest is to buy a later model one that has all the factory upgrades done to it. The other thing, is invest in a good set of aftermarket choke tubes. Even though Briley makes the factory ones, They aren't uip to par with their own extended tubes. If I was in the market for another combo gun I would look hard at the 85TSS combo again. The other would be a new Browning Unsingle combo.

ec90t

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I will not say anything about this gun, after the last thread concerning SKB.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

That is correct ... if you get one get a later model one. Most that I have heard that had problems with them were from a few years ago when they first came out with the 85TSS model, 2001 or 2002 if I remember correctly.

I have not heard anything bad about there Briley tubes though but I did notice on there 2007 brochures they have both Carlson and Briley on the back page where they list all of there choke tubes.

If things go good this spring I myself will most likely be getting (if I can get the right price) a 34"/30" combo gun with the adjustable monte carlo stock. All I will have to do with that set up is change the butt pad and get a couple extra tubes and it will be an all around gun capable of trap, wobbly trap, bunker trap, skeet and almost any other shooting sport I care to shoot.

The only drawback of an SKB is they dont offer a hardcase but wharwick can solve that problem easily.

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Call me at 727 410 5212
    MIke Battista

6. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

I would suggest you shoot one 1st, before you buy one. If you can find someone to fix the trigger they would be alright.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mike ... what % off of list will SilverDollarFirearms do?

20% ... 30% ... 40% ... more? ... less?

8. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

HAVE ONE .WITH 20,000 ROUNDS THRU IT LOVE IT NO PROBLEMS. A COMPANY IN SOUTHERN CAL. CALLED S KB NO REALATION MAKES HARD CASES FOR THEM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.