1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 85TSS Fore Stock How to Disassemble?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nick54, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick54

nick54 TS Member

Can someone tell me how to remove the iron from the wood? I removed the two screws inside, howerver it's not budging.

2. nick54

nick54 TS Member

Thanks DV
    I removed the two large screws, do I need to remove the small One the that hold the release assembly together? I looks like the end furthest from the breach end need to be lifted before the whole thing can be moved rearward. I just don't want to break any of the wooden shoulders.

3. nick54

nick54 TS Member

DV - Thanks I got it out by tapping with a dowel in the finger recess of the release lever. Thanks for the tip on the screw length I didn't notice when I removed them. The slots are pretty narrow in those screws, I had a hard time finding a screwdriver that thin with a handle I could torque. I think, like you, I will have to remove some wood dust to be able to fit things easier as well as widen the screw slots. Gee; you would think you wouldn't have to do this kind of rework in light of the money you pay for these guns.
    Thanks Again and SHOOT STRAIGHT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.