1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 85 TTR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What is the difference in the new 85TTR vs the 85TSS

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Tapered rib is all, I think.

3. cubancigar2000

what is a 85TSS unsingle with adjustable comb and standard wood NIB worth

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What is it being offered to you for?

Currently they can be found brand new for less than $2200 and I have seen them at times but very rarely sometimes at less than $2000.

5. cubancigar2000

$1895is what is asked by a reputable dealer. If I bought it, can a set of over under barrels be found and easily fit

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The only way to get a set of O/U barrels for that SKB is to find some one willing to break up a combo and then you're looking at about $900 to $1000. Your other option is to send the gun back to SKB who will in turn send it back to the factory in Japan. Turn around time maybe six months. If you are looking for an SKB combo, I have a demo here, 32/34, fixed comb MC stock for $2450.00.
    Mike Battista

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Some say yes while other say no but why not just find a combo and purchase that instead. Combo's brand new can be found for $2800 and you will not have to worry about any possible barrel fitting or anything else and it will be a matching serial number combo instead of hacked together combo, which in my opinion is valued allot higher if you ever sell it.

BTW ... figure if a O/U barrel can be found and it costs you more than $900 your at the price of a new combo.

Also is this unsingle your looking at a monte-carlo stock or the straight stock and is it a fixed or adjustable comb model? The above mentioned $2800 price is for an SKB 85TSS unsingle trap combo 30/34, adj. monte carlo or straight stock, new in box.

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Mike dont forget to mention that your demo gun has both a blemish in the stock and the forend and ... oh yeah it is a fixed comb stock also, oh you did mention that but for only $400 more you get a brand new in the box gun with an adjustable comb.

Yours would be a decent deal but not really a good deal unless it was much much closer to $2000.

9. willing

willing Member

You just proved it again Lumper. You A__.

Blll

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

FYI ... just found another dealer that has SKB 85TSS unsingle trap combo 30/34, adj. monte carlo for less than $2700 BRAND NEW IN THE BOX.

11. cubancigar2000

Mike - I am sorry that you have to take this abuse because I started a thread. You are top shelf and we all know it

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Mike has been given no abuse, he has offered help by trying to sell his inventory but at the same time other deals and opinions have been shown.

13. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

cuba i have a set of over and under barrels 32 inch with exented chokes in new condition selling for $700 plus shipping cell 925 628 9755 california call me

14. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

http://www.higradeshooters.com

http://www.jaquas.com

Deals are not hard to find and I'm sure there might even be a few better deals than those two sites but you will need to search them out yourself.

Hope that makes you happy now DA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
new skb 85ttr
skb85 ttr
skb85 ttr for sale
skb85ttr

skb85ttrforumns