1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

skb 85 tss

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 50-140, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 50-140

50-140 TS Member

Have 3 yr old 85 tss. It has been back for repairs 5 times since I bought it. The pin near the receiver that holds the rib on has broken 2 times, which causes the rib to strip out at the muzzel and the whole rib falls off the gun. It is in Japan to see if they can find out why this is happening. Anyone else having this problem? P.S. SKB has been quite good about sending me shipping tickets to get the gun to them for repairs.PSS. SKB has really tried to solve the problem and even let me use a replacement barrel will mine is in Japan. Turn around time has ALLWAYS been great and the people you talk to have great knowledge about the product. Also the rib only gets loose and does not fall off as it is held in by the screww in the middle of the rib.I have only good things to say about how I have been treated by SKB.

2. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

I have close to 15,000 rounds though mine and zero problems for over two years old and very happy with it, have been thinking of another with high grade wood.Jim Henry

3. 3357

3357 Member

I have a 2 year old 85tss unsingle with about 12 thousand rounds through it. I had a problem with the rib retention pin you mention. Mine did not break.

At about 6 thousand rounds it began migrating out of its hole to the left after 50-75 rounds it would stick out maybe a 16th of an inch. I removed the pin and rotated it 90 degrees (it is lightly ribbed) and drove it back in with a pin punch.

That fix lasted about 5-6 hundred rounds and then the migration issue began again. I next tried lock-tite. That lasted about a thousand rounds then it began moving out to the left again.

A friend who has a michine shop made me a roll pin (1/8th inch stock) the same length as the factory pin. The roll pin has been in for about 5 thousand rounds with no movement that I can percieve.

I cant think of a reason why your pin is "breaking" as at least on my gun the pin is in a no load situation and its only function is to hold the rib in place at the mono-block.

Hope this is of some help. jess

4. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Have had mine 4 years with no problem. Hopefuly you'll get a new gun.

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Glen Hunting replaced the factory roll pin with a solid one. This fixed the problem.
    Mike Battista

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Lord only knows how many shells have been fired through mine. Two years ago it broke a spring and made a trip back to SKB. The gun was returned to me within two weeks--JUST LIKE NEW!!!! Except for the wood,everything in and on the gun was refurbished. NO CHARGE!!!! They even paid the shipping. Where else can you beat it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

85 tss

firepin problems shotgun skb 90tss

skb 90 tss for sale

skb 90tss for sale