1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 85 TSS Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

My Trap Gun seems to be heavy in the front. I am trying to find out if a counterweight in the butt stock makes sense. In other words how do I get a better balanced gun?

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

If a gun "feels" heavy in the front, adding weight to the other end will always change the balance point. Personally, I think the SKB 85 series guns point extremely well and have perfect balance. My 32" Sporting model is one of the very best pointing guns I have ever shot, PERIOD! A close second would be the 30" Trap model that I sold.

You may try just adding a thick Kick-Eez pad as they are heavier than the original pad on SKBs. If you are happy with the pad on your gun now, just put some weight in the stock bolt hole.

AndyH ;-)

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Andy thaks for your comments. Weight in the Butt stock hole is probably the question/answer I was looking for.

4. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

use lead shot but fill it fullenogh so you can't hear/feel it rolling around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.