1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 85 Trap or Ceasar Guerini Summit Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ihartm, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihartm

ihartm TS Member

Is the Ceasar Guerini Summit Trap O/U worth $2000.00 more than the SKB 85 Trap O/U.
    How is the service on SKB shotguns, I have heard Ceasar Guerini's Service is excellent.
    Is there justification in the $2000.00 price difference?
    What are the features of an SKB 85 Trap that impress shooters?
    I know the CG Summit has a better adjustable comb and has an adjustable rib and the service is suppose to be excellent.does it merit waiting the time to raise the extra cash or buy the SKB?
    Thank you
    I.Hartman

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

You will here conflicting stories on this one but to sum it up the SKB is a lower budget gun where the CG is a mid to higher end gun (depending on the model). Remember, in this game you get what you pay for, end of story. I have had both and I am wondering how SKB and SG were even mentioned in a comparison. There is no comparison. I don't know what the SKB compares to other than it is one of the lowest priced trap guns out there and the CG is gaining steam as one of the better ones. Heck, buy one of each and keep the one you like.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

While the SKB's are nice guns, they don't even compare to the CG's. The CG's have both RH and LH wood available instead of the SKB's neutral cast stock. The trigger is much crisper on the CG's. The more "heads up" shooting position is a definit benefit for trap shooting. Resale will be a lot stronger on the CG as compared to the SKB. Shoot both and see which one you like better. Don't let price enter the equasion unless you can't afford the CG. I don't know how many times I thought that I could do without and turned around and ended up with what I wanted on down the line. The only problem with that is that it usually costs twice as much!

Lastly, How many annual's will SKB perform for free?

ec90t

4. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

I view the CG as a poor mans Perazzi, it has features and handles much like one. The SKB is a poor mans Ithaca lol.

5. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I like my SKB 85TSS. Maybe someday when kids are thru college and all, I could afford a more expensive gun. For now the SKB has served me well.

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I've shot them both, they really do compare and handle the same, I bought my Ceasar because I shoot a high gun, and the over and under on the SKB was about 50/50 and I had trouble in hitting the second bird! The Ceasar has an adjustable rib on the over and under. If your into double go with the Ceasar and if you not an SKB. The Ceaser has a high rib also, but that doesn't make a lot of difference, also consider the Browing which is a very good gun!So what you give up in the SKB you save in price, pick the one you like and you'll be happy..............Tom

7. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

I am a huge fan of SKB, but if I was going to buy a new gun and had the money to spend I would go with the CG for the heads up rib and the adjustable rib on the O/U barrel. Still the SKB is the best gun for the money. Mark Richards

8. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I own two Guerini's and am very happy with them. Please note that their lifetime warranty is transferrable; thus if you can find a nice used one, I'd go for it. That being said, SKB has an excellent reputation for service, as well.
    WNCRob

9. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

The Caesar Guerini lifetime warranty and there pit stop program is what sold me on them. I talked to CG USA on the phone several times and they just come across to me as people who care about there customers and there product. With all that said, I don't know how it can be better. I know I have a gun that will be tuned up and basically put back to new 3 times (and I here they don't count them)for nothing more than shipping. Where can that be beat. I know SKB has good factory support also but it will not offer you these things.
    Not knocking SKB (because it was my first combo and it served me well), but they are not in the same ball park as CG.It would be better to compare them to the Browning XT or the Beretta 687. Those two are more in there price range.
    Good luck with your decision.

10. ink ball

ink ball Member

ec90t summarized the guns very nicely and mirrors my observation of the two brands. I've owned both guns. While the SKB is a very good gun at its price point, you defintely get more gun with the CG. If you can justify the extra cost, you'll be delighted with the CG.

11. acre44

acre44 Member

I shot both at the PA State Shoot last year. GC had a tent set up by the practice trap. They provided the gun and the shells, really nice factory rep there as well to talk to, no hard sell either. I ended up buying the CG Magnus Trap. Very, very nice shooting gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.