1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SKB 605 COMBO TRAP INFORMATION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DON1911, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DON1911

DON1911 Member

local gun shop has a SKB605 COMBO TRAP that i'm interested in buying but have never owned a SKB. Just wondering if anyone has had any bad or good experience with them. Thanks for any feedback you may give. Don

2. jhoward

jhoward Member

I had one at one time. I shot it very well and had only one issue with it. The ribs are glued or epoxy'd on. Apparently the cleaning solution I used disolved the glue over time and the rib came off one day. I sent it back to SKB and they repaired the rib, but it didn't shoot the same after that and I traded it off. Nothing wrong with the guns, just be careful what kind of cleaners you use on the barrels.

3. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

on older SKBs they had trouble with the fireing pin and springs. I have a 3 year unsingle and love it. SKB has great service

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a 505 combo and have since 1985 - or so - no problems

5. DON1911

DON1911 Member

Thanks this was the type of info I was hoping . DON1911

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I have owned several SKB's over the years with no problems. I have known of some hammer breakage but not on my guns. All guns break something once in a while.

7. Trail

Trail Active Member

I owned a 605 combo a while back. Shot it ok and had no problems. Guns from the 80's and early 90's, I believe, had some issues with pins and springs, and such...but if you store your guns un-cocked (read snap caps) you shouldn't have issues. The single barrel is for shooting handicap and will pattern low for 16 yard shooting. I liked the gun and would buy another SKB. My father in law has one he bought after returning from 'nam in the 60's. He stopped documenting at 30,000 rounds. Still hunts with it.

Trail

8. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

Don,

These were great shooters. I has one until it was stolen about 2 years ago. I had mine for about 15 years. The only problem I ever had was a few broken hammers. Curious to know where you are located and does this combo come with a John Hall case and is it a monte carlo stock.

Thanks,

Dan

9. Jim1040vmpw

Jim1040vmpw TS Member

Don - I actually own two (one is mine and one is - or was used by my son). Mine has had literally thousands of rounds thru it with the following: two sets of new hammer springs, one ejector assembly, and one barrel release. The rib began to come loose on the single barrel and (even though I was not the original owner) SKB repaired without charge. The barrel was shipped to Nebraska the middle of September, sent to Japan, repaired, reblued and returned to me by the first week of December - warranted for life according to SKB America... I think they are VERY under-rated..

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb 605

skb 605 trap combo