1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

SKB 505 age???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hubshooter, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubshooter

hubshooter TS Member

I have a SKB 505 trap (SN: NS 78399) and I was wondering if anyone on here knew the years that model was in production.
  2. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Member

I purchased one new in 1993. Hope this helps...

Sportalluring
  3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

505 still in production?

-Gary
  4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

They went belly-up not long ago so I wasn't sure any of them were realy back in production yet, much less the old 505. I could be wrong.

-Gary
  5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I thought they went bankrupt about six months ago. Maybe Mike Battista from the Silver Dollar can clear this up. I think he's a dealer. I apologize if I'm incorrect.

-Gary
  6. hubshooter

hubshooter TS Member

In early 2010 the factory that SKBs were made in was closed down. Apparently another Japanesse company bought them out. This article by field and stream explains it pretty well.
  7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hub:

I thought my reading comprehension was good but I don't see what you saw in that article about another Japanese mfr buying them out. Am I blind? (my wife says I'm deaf, but that's by choice, LOL).

-Gary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.