1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sizing of sub gauge reloads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pelopidas, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelopidas

Pelopidas TS Member

I have a P/W 800+. It has served me well for half a dozen years. Recently acquired a new gun with sub gauge tubes. With both the older and newer tube sets we are dealing with Kolar Tubes. The factory rechecked the newer tube set and said they were within acceptable tolerances but on the tighter end. Because of the tighter tolerance on the new tube, many shells that were ok in the older tube set are oversized ever so slightly and unusable. How is the best way to adjust the P/W to accommodate the tighter tolerances?

2. recoilless twoatlow8

recoilless twoatlow8 Member

I am having the same problem esspecally with the 410.

My friend has the 800 and his 12ga wont fit..

Help also

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Get a Mec press and be done with it. Otherwise you are going to have to size all your cases in a separate station with a mec collet sizer.Jeff

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The solution is a MEC Super Sizer. It will bring the brass head back to factory spec. Then you need to segregate the hulls. Use the same hulls in the same tube set. That way you will not need to Super Size them each time you reload them.

One advantage of the MEC Super Sizer is you can size loaded shells.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.