1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

size of stock wrench for a recent micro BT99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RMR, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMR

RMR Member

I’m trying to take off the micro stock from the receiver of a micro BT99 that is 2 years old. The only stock wrench I have is from my browning XT trap and it’s not large enough in diameter. By any chance do you know what the needed wrench diameter would be??

Also what is a good source to get a stock wrench from
    Thanks
    Bob

2. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

My recent normal BT99 had a slotted machine screw. Does the micro have some sort of hex ? Allen ?

3. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

I had to buy a 5mm Allen wrench from Browning to remove the stock from my BT99,which is only a year old. Look at Browning's web site and drill down to the parts list for your model. Ordered it and wrote them a check. ($18.25) Only took a week or two. I called first to make sure they had it in stock. Dave

4. 47bt99

47bt99 TS Member

Use a socket wrench with a long extension bar.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Get the right tool for the job. First ID what type of head is on the stock bolt. Then order the correct tool. Don't want to bust out the side of that shiney Browning stock trying to improvise. JM2C

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt99 stock wrench

what size allen wrench to remove a stock on a browing bt00