1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Size of o-ring in 870 Comp ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Dave, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

It is a size 017 11/16 ID by 1/16 thickness of the ring.

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

John, if you need some of the Comp O- rings e-mail me your address and I will send you some for free. I got a bunch from an O-ring shop. Bob

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

O-ring shop measured my o-ring as " 2-018(90)". I use them on all 3 of my Comps with no problems. John, I put some in the mail to you today. I got them for just a few cents a piece and I'd be embarrassed to charge for them. Really, you don't have to send me any money. Good luck with the Comp. It's a great gun, but keep an eye for cracks at the rear of the ejection port. One of my Comps developed a crack. I sent it back to Remington and they did not offer a replacement nor a repair. A thread was posted here recently about drilling a hole at the end of the crack. Some people maching a slot at the crack, like an 1100 receiver. Also, keep the forearm ring on the action slide tight or the wood may crack, or, the action may begin to bind. I had to place a thin spacer to center the action slide when tightening the nut. Otherwise the action would twist to the side and bind the action. Forearm nut wrench is available thru Brownell's Good shootin. Bob

4. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

where can i find a schmatic of a 870 comp barrel with where hardware goes?
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.