1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Six states want mandatory gun liability insurance

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yup, the loony liberals are at it again.

Penalize the law-abiding and ignore the core of the problem: criminals.

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I figured that would be there next move. They will try anything.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Hummmm, cell phone use while driving kills more, as well as hammers.

Sounds like politicians have lots of stock in insurance company's now days!!

oh ya, thats right, they have "exempted" themselves from "insider trading" laws!!

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Let me fix this for you Brian..

"Penalize the law-abiding and ignore the CONSITUTION

I see this as a poll tax.

Doug

5. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, this was predictable. Hold your politicians accountable and send more money to the NRA.

-Gary

7. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

When are they going to start enforceing the laws they have now? Not the gun owners.the drivers. Driveing under Suspension!! Driveing with no Insurance. There all over the highways. God,when will it end???

8. alf174

alf174 Member

The citizens of these states have only themselves to blame for voting these idiots in. Abandon them and send all the criminals their way.

9. Mapper

Mapper Member

If enacted,there would be several states that would get fewer tourists and likely a changing demographic. There would also likely be any number of folks who would only own guns on the quiet, unable to move. Hummm, I wonder if it would be racist to ask for a persons insurance card. That surely would clean up the ghetto.

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Clicked on the website and got an instant Malware attack.

Don

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

No F... way. This would be like a Poll Tax as since when do you have to pay a tax to exercise a constitutional right?? Oh, I forgot, paying a tax if you don't have health insurance; I missed one. If you want oppressed gun legislation go for this scheme. I oppose it in any way, shape or form. BT100dc

12. Brian in Oregon

I got to wondering last night what NRA membership would be if these laws came to pass, and the NRA said they'd offer such insurance for, say, a five year NRA membership. It might make the NRA more powerful than ever and totally backfire on the anti's.

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

If you have insurance, people will find a way to sue you. The bigger the policy, the more likely you will be sued. Plain and simple. Learned that in business.

If stupidity required mandatory insurance, we could pretty much skip any other insurance.

14. gunsnrods

gunsnrods Member

If I hit someone with a golf ball while golfing my homeowners insurance will cover my negligence. Same should apply to a gun ownership. Some insurance expert out there should check into this

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

This is coming soon to Ca. Along with "smart" guns, back ground check for ammo, outright ban of anything resembling an AW. All this crap passed committee and is heading for a vote. And it will pass.

I don't think I can obey these laws anymore. I hate to think that I am going to end up in jail over this crap but I know myself. I'm one hard headed SOB.

Darr

16. Brian in Oregon

Here's the deal with requiring insurance...

Insurance companies are only going to insure what they will classify as "low risk" firearms. If you own a "high risk" firearm, no insurance. No insurance, no gun ownership.

This is a similar concept to not being able to get homeowners insurance if you own a pit bull.

This is really a back door attempt at a gun ban, by using insurance companies to do their dirty work.

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Let's not get all bent at Insurance Cos. Let me ask why you don't carry personal liability now?? Why would you risk everything you own if you were to have a gun accident??

I don't believe in mandatory anylthing but it, insurance, exsists in many aspects of our daily lives.

I will reserve judgement until I read the law and see how it affects me, if it does at all. Why would you compare it to a Pit? A Pit bites and kills on it's own. I have yet to see a gun jump the fence and shoot someone on it's own.

Don

18. Brian in Oregon

You didn't see my point, Don. I was talking about insurance exclusions being used by those seeking mandatory insurance for gun owners being used as a de facto gun ban. I simply used pit bulls as an example of one type of insurance exclusion. Another example of insurance exclusion is AAA will not insure sports cars.

Keep in mind that banks, credit card companies and others are busy denying their services to gun shops. Think insurance companies won't pick and chose what kind of guns or gun activities they will insure?

In fact, I recall back when corporate heath insurance plans were the excuse for getting rid of smoking employees, that the anti's were pushing to make the shooting sports exclusionary for coverage.

And, BTW, I do have liability insurance, not only with my standard vehicle and homeowners insurance, but I took out a million dollar blanket liability policy on top of them.

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Isn't requiring insurance an infringement of the 2nd. This law would imply only the rich could afford guns and insurance. I don't think it will fly.

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Does making car insurance mandatory mean that only the rich can own a car?

Does making Homeowners Ins. mandatory with a mortgage mean only the rich can get a home with a loan?

410 if you want to make an argument then make one don't just post drivel.

Brian I glad that you are protected and that doesn't surprise me. But not all Ins. co. are with the anti's. I have companies that want to insure gun clubs, a company that covers firearms like any other personal property (guns don't have to be listed)with no inside limits on firearms.

The insurance co. don't have to worry about pissing off the gun owners but the agents who write their policies also. I know many agents who would throw the companies out of their offices and re-write that business into a gun friendly company.

This is what happens with to much government.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.