1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sitting here like an idiot

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just wondering what you guys are doing? I'm sitting here like an idiot waiting for the cable guy to show. He was suppose to have shown up yesterday, but didn't make it. Promised he would show today and hasn't made it yet. Just sitting here fuming and getting p_____ What a way to spend the day.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Two words:

Dish Network

Screw cable.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ok, so I can't count. :)

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I still like to watch tv during a storm........Father-in-law and others I know have Dish and it goes out when it storms.

Our cable company (Mediacom) is the same way...They will have you wait all day and say the tech will call just before coming to repair your problem. Thats the problem you get now now days when they have you over a barrel.

5. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

As of late dish seems to be showing long lines of repeats over and over. Thats usally the time to load shells or take a nap. You might try rabbit tv. plugs into your computer alot of channels to watch. Funny how the rates keep going up and the service keeps going down

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I spent a good part of yesterday monitoring exactly 100 updates from Microsoft for the Windows 7 64 bit OS I installed on my new hard drive.

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I'm the only guy on the entire block that does not have cable per the local cable company.

Why? I'm to cheap to pay for TV.
    Steve Balistreri

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I've had cable and I now have Dish Network.

To tell you the truth, I lost signal just as much with cable as I ever have with Dish.

Sorry, I'm sticking with Dish!

Hauxfan!

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Steve you aren't the only one that doesn't have cable or dish, we did away with the dish about 4 or 5 yrs ago, we very seldom watch TV and the few nights it was too nasty to sit in the cabana we had 250 channels of nothing worth watching

We live about 50 miles NNE of the DFW metromess and we get about 70 channels on antenna, quite a few Spanish and religious channels, but there are getting more and more channels all the time, and some are pretty good ones

I figure it will only be a short while until they figure out a way to charge for them too

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I had cable and left for U-Verse from ATT much better TV and Internet service. When there is an issue they tell you within a 3 hr window when some one will be at your home for service. The price is better as well when compared to Comcast the cable company I left. Bisi, you may want to contact you cable provider after the repairs are made and complain and tell them you need some help for the inconvience and the time you were billed monthly for service that you didn't receive.

11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I dont lose anything with FIOS. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.