1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Site Problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I know this site has changed in how it operates. However, some of these changes are hard to figure out. I was attempting to construct a thread regarding input as to how a club goes about ordering supplies for their members. i.e. the ordering and delivering of ammunition, clay targets, reloading components, etc. I then decided to cancel the thread. I clicked on "submit" by mistake. I then tried to delete the thread that I started. You can't do it?? I really don't think this is an improvement over the previous way we did it. Previously, if you wanted to delete the thread or a response to a thread, you could. Ed

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Gordon ... what your asking for is to have the power of the moderator. You already have that power and you use it all the time to delete/moderate your own vile trash attack posts against people so be happy you can delete your own vulgar garbage and we are happy that you must leave everyone else's alone.

Ed ... it would be a nice feature to be able to at least edit the subject line (for the originator only) of a thread but it might be a coding nightmare if there are already responses on the thread. It would also be nice that as long as there were either no responses or all messages on a thread were deleted that the original poster could have the option of deleting there own thread but once again it might be a programing nightmare.

3. esoxhunter

I may be wrong, but under the old format you could delete a thread immediately after you constructed it; as long as there were no responses to the thread. Correct? This is silly to have a thread "floating" out there with no information in it. Ed

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

lumper,

That's vile, not vial.

A vial is a a small closed or closable vessel especially for liquids.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ed ... you are correct if I remember the old system correctly.

Tim ... your right and it has now been corrected.

Gordon ... DOWN.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Subject: Site Problems
    Date: Fri, Jan 04, 2008 - 07:56 AM CT

ED, I for one agree, you cant delete the thread heading, and to make it better it would be very nice for the person that starts a POST could delete any threads that are started by trolls with in that post,and to have it worked out, that once that person is deleted they couldnt come back to that Post, it would shut down all the negative BS that go's on at this forum, Thanks Gordy PS. At that point, this forum would be a GREAT forum with much more use.The TROLLS on this forum is killing TS.

Subject: Site Problems
    Date: Fri, Jan 04, 2008 - 08:57 AM CT

It's funny, if the owners of this site could do what I recommend, Lumper, Jacharoo, Regards from Iowa, Farmer D, Gargoyle, and a few others wouldnt have any place to go, Thats FUNNY, LOL Gordy, PS, It would be a great clean forum at that point.

Gordon ... so it sounds like you have a major complaint against the owners of this forum in regards to how they see things, handle things and do what they do for everyone. If your not happy with the way TS.com is run you could always create and run your own forum off of your own site and run it whatever way desire to run it. This way you would not be backhandingly attacking the owners of this site by telling them what they should be doing.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

It would also be a total chaotic free for all with anyone and everyone setting the rules.

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

gordy, you are a newcomer on here and have the audacity to try and change things so you can keep your two by fours up here for all to see. Shit, I use better wood for fence posts. Get a life pilgram. FarmerD aka Ben

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Without reviewing all the comments after Ed's point, I'll say that IT IS possible to delete a thread you started and no longer need it or there was a mistake in the original submission like Ed described. All you have to do is contact one of the moderators and ask that the thread be deleted. As long as it's your thread it likely will be honored....breakemall...Bob Dodd

10. esoxhunter

Bob: I guess my point is that in the case of deleting your own thread, (the one you created), before anyone responds should be available, as it was in the past. There would be no thread if the creator hadn't constructed it and as long as no one responded to it, there seems to be no harm to anyone if it is deleted in its entirety. In this case I feel something was fixed that wasn't broken. Again, it looks odd to have a thread "floating around" with no responses or information on it. If this happens several times, (which it could), we will have viewers opening threads that have no content. JMHO. Ed

11. esoxhunter

I forgot to add that I created the thread, "Gun Club Supplies", approximately 3+ hours ago. According to the viewer count on this "no content" thread; it has had 123 hits up to this point. Seems kind of ridiculous. Ed

12. Tom

Tom TS Member

Who are the moderators?

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I understand your dilemma, Ed, I was just advising that the whole thread can be dumped at the request to a moderator if felt necessary. I opened a thread one time and requested information. I got the answer in the first 3 or 4 responses, some of them even seriously oriented, and I contacted a moderator and said, "Got my answer, no need to waste the space, just make it go away please!" It did go away and I'm guessing that can still be done....Bob Dodd

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Bitch,Bitch,Bitch!..........This is what we get when Gordy decides to do something that require smarts! Geez! Don't screw around with the site Buttercup!

15. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

At midnight PST, your thread with no message had 244 views. Funny

Shawn

16. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Poor little crybaby Gordy. Well we afre still here and he is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.