1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sissy Handrails

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by hoot619, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I used to think handrails were just for show. Now I find out

if we didn't have them we would be housebound. Stuck at home inside.

Some days they are a life saver just like my cane is at times.

Just picked up a English setter 8 months old. Owner roads his dogs he does

field trails. Showed me his set up. On the way home my Buddy asked me

if I will road her. Hell no, I want to be able at least try to keep up to her!

Bad knees,sore back ain't life grand. As long as I can laugh and joke and try to

get back in shape I will be ok. I put in a garden not much tomatoes spuds melon cukes etc. spuds will be in today I hope --I need a rest. As long as I can still

suck air and don't give up I will be ok. There are a lot of others that would be glad to be in my shoes. I quess I better be glad too. Grandson Jon will be up

for the summer Father's Day. Shooting and fishing buddy he will be 13. Parents are

hoping this Finnish Genius stuff will take on him. Ha ha Ken U

2. TC

TC TS Member

Ken, You need to be planning a few special projects that grandson can help you with in between your fishing trips. Tony

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Some neighbors had to keep the wifes mother at their house because she fell and broke her hip and had to have a hip replacement. They asked me to put in handrails for the stairs. I did and after she got better her husband asked me to take them down. I looked at him and asked him to think of his wifes age and his own age. He did and I then asked how much longer is it going to be before you both need the handrails? He thought and then said leave them in place.

That was some time ago and he said that he was glad I didn't take them down. He admitted he does use them. LOL

4. hoot619

hoot619 Member

One trip planned is to Wakefield Nationals 30 July -- 6 August. Outboard races and camping out at Lake Gogebic Burgland Mi. Fishing and the noise of the Outboards running full tilt. Old Soupy Collins, just passed was a hoping to be there. He will be there with a the best view of all. He used to run a blown hydro if I'm not mistaken. I'm glad the races aren't on Lake Gogebic want some nice perch and walleye eating and catching. Brother Mel and Jon and I should have a wonderful time. I remember watching them run on Round Lake here and the Tahquamenon River race when I was a kid. They don't have them here anymore. This will be my first trip to see a major race. Ken U The Finnish Genius (not many of us) and QUIT YOUR DAMN LAUGHING!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.