1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sirius xm merger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbcook, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

is this merger going to happen? thanks dwain

2. starship

starship TS Member

First they need government approval. General consensus is that it is 50-50 on whether they get it or not. Should know in a month or so.

At this point there appear to be about four scenarios:

The two companies can continue to bleed money as separate entities and eventually go broke.

The two companies can continue to bleed money until one goes broke before the other -- leaving one left to create the monopoly everyone fears. The last firm standing may be so damaged by this that it, eventually, goes broke too.

The two companies can merge and still go broke.

The two companies can merge and eventually find the right financial and programming formulas to turn a profit.

The idea of a monopoly isn't as bad as it sounds. Would be hard to have a monopoly in an area that they are charging for a product that can also be had for free, via normal radio broadcasts, mp3's, ipod's etc etc.

Time will tell.

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I hope they merge and create a set of stations we can listen to without all the crap of commercials in them. We have the sirius radio in the car and I can tell you that we will not be voluntarily without it ever again. I think it will be a good thing and that the cable lobby is the one that is holding up this merger. Dan

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I thought that the Fed's already approved it? Maybe it was just the Sirrus shareholders?

Don't know if the merger will be good for us customers...seems that competition helps us...but who know's.

Curt

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

My nephew works for Sirius in the "Big Apple"....He is always talking about the merger. I will contact him and see if he has any additional info. ...Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I believe both corporate boards and shareholders have approved the merger, and they are awaiting the Justice Department review and approval.

7. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Already advertising is creeping into the satellite radio business model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.