1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Singles review

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Ok we all know the ATA has a review in caps for every 1000 targets shot at. For those of us who shoot year round in totally different seasonal conditions, what would you guys think about a a season average or a review every every thousand single targets also. Come the fall & winter, the extra clothes & skinny light helps keep some averages lower than they really should be.

Phil Berkowitz

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I thought at one time that it made little difference if it was cold or hot . Now that I,m older I really don,t (can,t) shoot in cold weather . It did lower my scores back then but not like it does now . But I would not like to see any change as in a review . Registerd Trap is an outdoor sport and you take what you get or you don,t shoot been that way for 100 years live with it .

ALF

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phil- Not a bad idea but it is already done at many shoots. When I classify, I look at the average for the year and also quickly calculate the average on the last 1000 singles targets. All you have to do is add up in your head the number of targets missed and divide by 10. Takes about 10 seconds.

Pat Ireland

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pat I think you forgot a step.

Don

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- Good point.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.