1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

singles down, handicap up???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Switched guns this spring to a combo and been shooting the 34" unsingle for singles and handicap, obviously the O/U for doubles. Previously had just shot a 30" O/U for everything. Since the switch my singles are down 2% and handicap up 2%. Any thoughts? Longer barrel to point? I know Leo shoots his O/U for singles, thinking of running a 100 or so thru and see if any better results. Anyone have this happen?

Thanks!

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm betting Leo shoots top barrel for singles...

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

What yardage is your handicap?

How many targets have you shot with the new setup?

4. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

Does Leo still cant the gun alot,I see that quite abit,Harlan broke me of that
    in short order...........By the way trap school helped me alot.I can always hear Harlan jr. coaching me in the back of my head,no regrets............

5. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

10,000 TARGETS so far this year. Did Harlans class, excellent instruction! 22 yardline.

Thanks!

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

I'd enjoy hearing peoples take on using a 34" for singles. I see alot of people doing it. Me personally, my 34" unsingle sits in the case and I use 30" O/U for singles. I just dont like the feel of swinging a 34" barrel up close on the 16.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

34" works fine for me.

8. bigben

bigben Active Member

There are hundreds of shooters shooting 34 and 35 inch barrels for singles, many with very high averages, it;s just a matter of getting you gun dialed in., incinerate em!

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

So what are we talking here? Should we use longer barrels for handicap than singles? As you back up in handicap should your POI go up? Jack

10. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I started out with a BT99 and shot both 16yd & handicap with it. I did fine @ 16. I was struggling with my doubles using a Citori Trap and decided to shoot some singles with it. My 16yd numbers actually went up as did my doubles score so I really can't complain. I have since gone to shooting everything with the O/U.

I may someday try another SBT for handicap but for now, the O/U is breaking them all just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.