1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Singles Average Impacts Handicap Reduction?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Laserwizard, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

When looking at my "printer friendly" report in the shooter info center I noticed an entry that the ATA had written in on 6/22 that said:

"Singles average too high to allow reduction shorter than the 22 yardline".

My current yardage is 23 so I'm not really concerned about that, but I did not know that the singles average had an impact on yardage at all.

Does it state this somewhere in the rule book?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes, it is in there. Available online. I keep it on my phone ...

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Yes it is in the rulebook. It is in the 1000 TARGET REVIEW SYSTEM SUMMARY which starts on page 65 of the rulebook. I have included a link to the on line rulebook above.

It also tells you that a shooter that doesn't shoot singles, only handicap will not receive a reduction

Bob Lawless

4. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

As much as I've read this book, I keep finding areas I've skipped over.

Thank you gentlemen!!

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I wonder how many singles averages were checked before the 2 yard giveaway?

FRedmon

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

As you already know, NON!

7. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

FR, they didn't need to be checked. The two yard reduction wasn't a 1,000 target review so it wasn't required.

jim brown

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

A few years ago some "ROCKET SCIENTIST" in the ATA decided this nonsense! I know people who shoot from mid to long yardage and have "NEVER" won a handicap event but, they do fairly well from the 16 yd. line. These guys would have been forever stuck at their yardage because of this rule if they hadn't gotten a reduction when the 2 yd. reduction was given! I Do believe the 2 yd. reduction was a fair thing for "them". I don't much like shooting 16 yd line targets anyway but do it for two reasons. If it is the ONLY thing to shoot because of limited time (since I have to drive well over a hundred miles to any shoot who throws ATA targets) or on days only 16 yd. target are thrown, and to get enough in (because of this stupid rule) in order to keep my review current! I bounce back and forth from one yardage to another because, on a rare occassion, I might win a small handicap shoot. Comparing Handicap to 16s is like comparing trap to sporting clays or skeet--Apples and Organges!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.