1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Single-shot Citori vs BT99 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

There seems to be a fair number of single-shot Browning Citoris for sale -- not combos but true single-shots.

Some are top single and some are unsingle.

What are the advantages of a single-shot Citori over a BT-99 ?

2. miketmx

miketmx Active Member

I would rather shoot a BT-99 because I think there is less recoil with their shallow receiver almost like a mid-single compared to the high profile receiver of the Citori. Browning does not make it easy to add extra barrel sets for a combo. It is OK to have 2 separate guns a SBT for Singles and an O/U for Doubles.
  3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Last time I checked the price of a new Browning Citori XT and a BT-99 together (two complete guns) it was less than the price of a Citori XT Combo.

4. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Does the Citori with a single barrel make a better Singles or Handicap gun than a BT-99 does ?

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

I have both, plus a BT 100. That question can't be answered as it would be an individual preference - lot of difference in swing between the two guns. Shoot both, keep the one that does the job the best.

rm
  6. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

"Shoot both, keep the one that does the job the best."

My wife claims I follow half your advice. Buy both, test both, but keep both.

7. miketmx

miketmx Active Member

I shot a Citori for Doubles for 14 years and I owned several BT-99s over a 20 year period. I would always choose the BT-99 for Singles and Handicap just for the feel and handling alone and there is no need to mention the occasional misfires possible with a Citori because of the steep angle the firing pin is due to the high profile receiver.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.