1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Single barrel really tight on new CG Combo???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mtimney, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

I just purchased a new C.G. Summit Trap combo. Love the gun, but the single barrel is REALLY difficult to open compared to the double barrel. I know there's a break-in period, but should there be that much difference?

I'm going to call CG on Monday, but wanted to tap the collective wisdom (???) here first.

Mark T.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Normal for them.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Although they are easier now after a year the single still takes more effort to open on my Magnus combo.

4. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

My trap unsingle is still tight two years and 30K rounds later.

My trap O/U (another CG gun) drops open like its had 10 kids though its only had about 10K rounds!

My Impact combo is really tight with both...but the combo only has about 3K rounds combined. Its for sale BTW.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Mtimney get a tube of CND grease, lube hinge pins, Forearm ton reciever contact ares and the sides of Bbl slightly, will make a terrific difference.

I use CMD Grease on all my CGs if you cannot find it Kolar uses it, get from a Kolar dealer

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

problem is that stp is not a lube but a viscosity index improver designed to increase the thickness of the oil. be careful as I do not think it has any EP or extreme pressure lube in it

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

DuPont Krytox 205 GPL...the best friend a tight gun ever had!

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.