1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Single barrel or double barrel (O/U)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Travioli, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have been looking around the trap range. What are the advanatges/disadvantages of using an O/U as oppossed a single barrel for singles or handicap. Where I shoot mostly including me use a single barrel. Do people use a single barrel mostly because less weight?

2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

One of the advantages (for me) to a O/U (and to a "bottom" or "un"-single) is that the recoil is directed primarily into the shoulder instead of over the top of it because the breech is lower in relation to the butt pad. So the felt recoil is less sharp and less punishing.

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Many shooters shoot sporting clays with their trap guns. If this is something that you might like to do and want to use just one gun; the over/under is the only choice. (Or a semi-auto or a pump). The single limits you to shooting trap only and then only 16 yard and handicap. Ed
  4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    My thought is why rest with just 1 gun. Buy a O/U and a single barrel. That way you have an extra toy to play with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
single barrel trap guns vs double barrel

single barrel vs double for handicap