1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple PW Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Changed my wad guide fingers (PW-2000) after a few smashed wads. The old fingers were cracked along the upper rim. The new fingers have a little upward play when the wad guide is screwed in finger tight. Should the fingers be firmly held in place or is the play normal? The spring seems to be working well and has not slipped up.

Pat Ireland

2. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Pat, mine is tight with no play on my 800+. You might want to check if the top piece got cross-threaded when you re-installed it or possibly the threads are fouled preventing you from screwing it down all the way? Hope this helps. .....Rick

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

Pat,

To my knowledge the wad fingers should NOT "float" when the upper wad cup is screwed down into the lower wad cup. As Rick suggested check for full engagement of the threads. It may be that aluminum particles from the lower cup has filled the threads of the upper cup which is steel thus limiting full engagement.

Let us know what you find.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Pat:

Wad fingers that float is not normal. I'm not saying that I know everything there is to know about a P/W loader but I do have a 800B, Serial# 721 that my Dad and I bought new in 1967. That's 41 years folks! And yes, I still use it!

Mark

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The top piece #102 "Upper Wad Cup" easily gets cross-threaded in the aluminum housing. It should teighten up all the way down onto the red fingers.

Remove it, check the threads, clean them up good, even use a jeweler's file if necessary, and a drop of oil on it as you re-insert it.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.